Joseph Gaines and Abigail Tubbs 5th great grandparents on RootsMagic tree
The Gaines and Tubbs families came to America in the 1630s from England. Joseph Gaines was the 5th generation of his family in America. Abigail Tubbs was the 4th generation of her family in America. Joseph and Abigail married on March 21, 1779 in Franklin, Massachusetts. They moved to Guilford, Windham, Vermont where they had 9 children: 3 daughters and 6 sons. Of their children, 7th child Obed was the only one to leave Vermont and the New England area. Obed went to Bremer County, Iowa. His son William Gaines married Sarah Swain and their oldest daughter Mary Ella Gaines married James Miller, great grandpa of Faber Miller who married Gladys Cable.
Joseph died on November 13, 1843, Abigail died May 17, 1841. They are buried in Maplehurst Cemetery in Windham Vermont- they have matching headstones. Joseph’s brother David married Abigail’s sister Elizabeth, also buried in Maplehurst Cemetery with matching headstones.
- Vermont, Vital Records, 1720-1908
- New England historical and genealogical register volume 85 page 52, several pages at American Ancestors
- Find a grave memorials for
- Joseph Gaines https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/108767128
- Abigail Tubbs https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/108767342
- David Gaines https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/21747454
- Elizabeth Tubbs https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/21747452
You must be logged in to post a comment.