Jonathan Rawson and Bathsheba Tracy, 6th great grandparents on RootsMagic tree.
Jonathan Rawson was born March 15, 1749 in Mendon, Massachusetts. Bathsheba Tracy was born 27 April 1752 in Preston, Connecticut. Jonathan and Bathsheba married on January 1, 1772 in Preston. They had three sons and three daughters born from 1773 to 1788. Jonathan is said to be a private in the American Revolution but there aren’t any records to prove this, only ‘REV WAR’ inscribed on his and Bathsheba’s headstones. Jonathan and Bathsheba joined their sons Solomon and William in Lyndon New York where, “The ﬁrst settlement was made in 1808 by Solomon Rawson and his brother William. They came with their wives from Pennsylvania.” William ran a tavern, Solomon was a deacon of the church. “Rawson is[was] a postal hamlet near the northeast corner of the town, lying partly in Allegany county. It derives its name from Lyndon’s pioneer. Solomon Rawson.”
Bathsheba and Jonathan died around 1827 and both are buried at Rawson Cemetery, next to Rawson Church in Cattaraugus County, New York, USA. The cemetery is also known as Lyndon Cemetery and on the county line between Allegany and Cattaraugus counties. On Google maps the address is Rawson Rd, Cuba, NY 14727.
The Rawson family came to America from England in the 1630s, On my maternal side Francis Tracy married Elizabeth Parrish, their son Isaac Tracy married Mehitable Rude, their daughter Bathsheba Tracy married Jonathan Rawson their daughter Margaret married Joseph Benight, their daughter Clementina married Dexter Angell, their daughter Delia married William Flood, their daughter Matilda married Richard Mockford their daughter Philippa married Harve Speedy and had a daughter Elizabeth Speedy who married Stanley Roose, my grandparents.
The Tracy family came to America in the 1630s too. On my paternal side Jonathan Tracy married Mary Griswold, their son Christopher married Lydia Parrish, their daughter Deborah Tracy married David Dewey, their son David married Sarah Witter, their daughter Sarah married John Connable whose daughter Lydia married Obed Gaines, whose son William married Sarah Swain, their daughter Mary Ella married James Miller their son William is the dad of Faber Miller who married Gladys Cable, my grandparents
- New England historical and genealogical register Notices of the Descendants of Secretary Rawson at Archive.org
- The Rawson family: a revised memoir of Edward Rawson at HathiTrust
- Connecticut: vital records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870 at American Ancestors
- Solomon and William in Historical gazetteer and biographical memorial of Cattaraugus County, N.Y at HathiTrust
- Find a grave memorials 51304043 and 51303507
- Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1626-2001 at FamilySearch
- Rawson cemetery and church via Google maps https://goo.gl/maps/8TuXzSfb3N9AsTnp9